Chevrolet Camaro 1967-1981 Heater Core Repair Guide
This General Motors Chevrolet Camaro 1967-1981 repair guide available in 2 pages and describes detailed information about heater core removal and installation. Check out the content snippet below :
Except Air-Conditioned Cars 1967 Chevrolet Camaro Models :
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable and drain the radiator.
2. Remove the heater hoses from the core. The top hose connects to the water pump and the lower hose goes to the thermostat housing or intake manifold.
3. Remove the cables and all electrical connections from the heater and defroster assembly.
4. Remove the nuts from the core case studs located on the firewall.
5. From inside the car, remove the case-to-firewall mounting screws and the heater and defroster assembly.
6. Remove the retaining springs and core.
7. Install the core and retaining springs, making sure the core-to-case sealer is in good condition.
8. Complete the installation by reversing the removal procedure.
1968 – 1977 Chevrolet Camaro Models :
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Drain the radiator.
3. Disconnect the heater hoses. Plug the core inlet and outlet.
4. Remove the nuts from the air distributor duct studs on the firewall.
5. On 1970-77 Camaros: remove the glove box and radio, then the defroster duct-to-distributor duct screw.
Repair Guide for 1975 Chevrolet Camaro 5.7L 4BL OHV 8cyl :
6. Pull the defroster duct out of the way, then pull the distributor duct from the firewall mounting. Remove the resistor wires. Lay the duct on the floor.
7. Remove the core assembly from the distributor duct.
8. Reverse the procedure to install. Use new sealer on the duct flange, if necessary.
Heater Core Repair Guide for Chevrolet Camaro 1978 – 1981 Models :
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable. Drain the radiator. Disconnect the heater hoses.
2. Remove the nuts that attach the heater case to the firewall (from the firewall side). Then, remove the screws from inside the car.
3. Remove the glovebox and door. Remove the screws attaching the heater outlet duct to the heater case, and remove the duct.
4. Remove the defroster screw. Pull the heater case out. The core may now be pulled out of the case.
5. Reverse the removal procedure to install. Use new seals between the heater case and firewall.
Download Chevrolet Camaro 1967-1981 Heater Core Repair Guide
Source : ww2.justanswer.com
Pages : 2