2004 – 2005 Lexus ES 330 M.I.L. “ON” DTC P0031, P0051, P2238, P2241
This Lexus technical service bulletin is provided for 2004 – 2005 model year of Lexus ES 330 which will describes about M.I.L. “ON” DTC P0031, P0051, P2238, and P2241. The service bulletin available in 4 pages and 7 steps of repair procedure. Under certain driving conditions, some 2004 and 2005 model year ES 330 vehicles may exhibit a M.I.L. “ON” with at least one of the following DTCs:
S P0031 (Oxygen Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low [Bank 1, Sensor 1])
S P0051 (Oxygen Sensor Heater Control Circuit Low [Bank 2, Sensor 1])
S P2238 (Oxygen Sensor Pumping Current Circuit Low (for A/F Sensor) [Bank 1, Sensor 1])
S P2241 (Oxygen Sensor Pumping Current Circuit Low (for A/F Sensor) [Bank 2, Sensor 1])
The A/F sensor manufacturing process and the Engine Control Module (ECM) (SAE term: Powertrain Control Module/PCM) logic have been modified to improve these conditions.
2004 – 2005 Lexus ES 330 Repair Procedure :
1. Replace both Bank 1, Sensor 1 and Bank 2, Sensor 1 air fuel ratio sensors.
2. Check for the Authorized Modifications Label affixed to the vehicle in the location shown in Figure 1. Confirm if ECM (PCM) calibration has been updated. If not the latest ECM (PCM) calibration — go to step 3.
3. Connect the Diagnostic Tester to the vehicle and select Current ECU CAL from the ECU Reprogram Main Menu. Determine the vehicle’s current ECU calibration (see Figure 2).
4. If ECU calibration ID is not the same as the “New Calibration ID” listed previously,
proceed to Flash Reprogram ECM (PCM).
5. Flash Reprogram ECM (PCM)
A. Follow the procedures outlined in TSIB No. SS001–01, “ECU Flash Reprogramming Process,” and flash the ECM (PCM) with the new calibration file update.
B. Enter the required information on the Authorized Modifications Label and affix it to the vehicle at the location shown in Figure 1 (page 3). The Authorized Modifications Label is available through the MDC, P/N 00451–00001–LBL.
6. Follow the procedures outlined in TSIB No. EG012–04, “Entering VIN During ECM (PCM) Replacement and/or DTC P0630,” and write the VIN to the ECM (PCM).
7. The repair is complete. Test drive vehicle to confirm normal operation.Ebook Details:
Download 2004 – 2005 Lexus ES 330 M.I.L. “ON” DTC P0031, P0051, P2238, P2241
Source : ww2.justanswer.com
Pages : 4